Taking myself some ‘before’ pictures before I go to the gym. I’d like to lose 30-40 pounds by fall.
Anonymous: Im 164pounds (had to convert it from 74.5kg because im pretty sure you use pounds). I feel like i am so over weight and this is the reason no guy will date me. In all honesty i dont have a bad face at all. Did you find guys were more interested in you once you lost weight?
Nobody was interested in me, period. But I was in my awkward phase, I had zero confidence, and went to a school where I was surrounded by people who had nothing in common with me, and for the most part, were scumbags. Lose weight so that you can live a long, healthy life, and avoid heart complications, and diabetes, etc. You lose weight for yourself, and nobody else. Okay?
Anonymous: How much weight did you lose? Did you have your bf when you were bigger than you are now or? I dont mean to be rude, i just would like to know! xD
I didn’t have my boyfriend until after I lost weight, but there’s really no connection between the two, because we had no idea who each other were at that point in time (: I lost around 20 pounds, but then I got sick and was a bit underweight, and that’s when I met my boyfriend, and he didn’t like it lol But in my defense, it was out of my control
Anonymous: I don't think you were ever big, I wish I could be your original size! Being in college, I don't have time to exercise every single day for as long as you did. I have a lot more weight to lose than you seemed to have to, but I would still love to look like you! Is it possible?
Of course it’s possible! Get a $10 thigh master at TJ Maxx and use it while you do your homework, or while you blog. Eat well-proportioned meals, and stay away from sweets and fast food (I know it’s super hard during the holidays!). Fruit is lovely, and I swear, frozen grapes are practically better than icecream :P
Diet and Exercise Plan (as requested)
As you can see below, I wasn’t always in as good of shape as I am right now! I’ve had quite a few people ask me to make them a diet and exercise plan that they can use to help get in the best shape possible! Whether you want to tone up a little to look great in a bikini, or if you just want to be a healthier you, this is what I did to lose weight! You can adjust the plan so that it is customized to you and your food preferences.
- Breakfast will easily become your favorite meal of the day with this diet! First off, breakfast is an absolute must. I know some of you may be in a rush to get to school or work, and just put off eating a nutritious breakfast, but that’s something you’ll have to work out. Breakfast is exactly what it sounds like it is: it’s breaking a fast. Assuming you get a good 7-8 hours of sleep every night, you go all that time without fueling up. So in the morning, breakfast is preparing you for the day, and breaking that fast. Because it’s the earliest meal of the day, whatever you eat for breakfast should be burned off in calories by the time you go back to sleep at night. Therefor, you’re biggest meal of the day should be breakfast! Try something like this:
- A bowl of Cracklin’ Oat Bran cereal, with milk. Very filling and beyond delicious!
- A small serving of scrambled eggs with a side of toast with jam.
- A cut up apple with some peanut butter (but not too much!!) and a granola bar
- Lunch should be lighter than breakfast, but heavier than dinner. Also, it’s important to make sure that your meal is filling and well proportioned, so you stay full until dinner time, with the exception of a small snack in between, and don’t end up going on a binge. Here are some options!
- A Special K meal bar and a banana
- A turkey and swiss cheese sandwich with some grapes
- Yogurt and granola
- For Dinner, you must not feast! Make sure that you have small portions and stay away from greasy, fattening foods. Some of my favorites are:
- Salmon, rice, and spinach (remember: small portions)
- Eggplant stackers, which are very low in calories and scrumptious!
- SALAD. Throw in some nuts, chicken, tomatoes, apples- whatever you’d like! Salad is always a great choice.
- Soup. You can have a whole can of soup for under 200 calories. When I lost most of my weight, I ate soup for dinner nearly every night.
- Toss some grapes in the freezer, and take them out a few hours later! They’re almost as good as ice cream.
- Have some strawberry’s, and maybe treat yourself to a little whipped cream on top
- Fruit salad’s are refreshing and very healthy.
- Have a Special K protein shake for breakfast
- Get lean cuisine or weight watchers meals for dinner
EXERCISE: (exactly what I did everyday for nearly a year)
- 300 crunches in the morning, 300 crunches in the afternoon, 400 crunches at night
- Elliptical for 1 hour, try to burn between 450 and 600 calories
- Lift a light weight in the morning and at night. Do curls. 4 sets of 10 on each arm
- Do these leg lifts in the morning and at night: http://youtu.be/KrSFor_scq0 and at the end (which isn’t in the video, but what I did. I searched for this video just to find an example similar of my leg workout) pulse your leg 15 times. Do that whole routine 4 times on each leg.
HOPE THIS HELPS!! :D